- Home /
PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) generally prohibits any financial institution, directly or through its affiliates, from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a nonaffiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of TitleMax, LLC.
TYPES AND SOURCES OF INFORMATION
Depending upon which of our services you are utilizing, the types of nonpublic personal information that we may collect, and the sources from which we collect such information, may include the following:
- Information we receive from you such as on applications, forms, and in other communications to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone or other means;
- Information about your transactions we secure from our files, or from our affiliates, or others;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency; and
- Information that we receive from others involved in your transaction, such as the real estate agent or lender.
USES OF INFORMATION
We request information from you for our own legitimate business purposes in order to provide products or services to you and not for the benefit of any nonaffiliated party. Therefore, we will not release your information to nonaffiliated third parties except: (1) as necessary for us to provide the product(s) or service(s) you may have requested of us; or (2) as permitted by law. We may, however, store such information indefinitely, including the period after which any customer relationship has ceased. Such information may be used for any internal purpose, such as quality control efforts or customer analysis. We also may disclose information about our customers or former customers to the following types of nonaffiliated companies that perform services on our behalf or with whom we have joint marketing agreements:
- Financial service providers such as companies engaged in banking, consumer finance, securities and insurance.
- Non-financial companies such as envelope stuffers and other fulfillment service providers.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
WE DO NOT DISCLOSE ANY NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WITH ANYONE FOR ANY PURPOSE THAT IS NOT SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED BY LAW.
TitleMax was established in 2010 under the direction of President and CEO, Wanda W. DeBord. Locally owned and with more than 25 years of experience in the legal and real estate profession, Ms. DeBord has attained the respect of the real estate community and her peers in the title industry.